If you’re running a business, you know that SEO is important.
But what you might not know is that you don’t have to go it alone. Hiring an SEO specialist can be a great investment for your business.
Here are 10 reasons why:
1. They will drive a lot of leads to your website.
Back in 2020, Ahrefs found 68% of online experience start with a search engine.
While it remains a powerful marketing channel after the decades of its epoch, SEO is just one marketing tactic. If done poorly, SEO can actually harm your website’s ranking. It is also important to note that SEO is an ongoing process.
Mastering SEO can be confusing, which is why a lot of businesses spend money hiring SEO consultants or agencies. SEO is a long-term marketing strategy, and it can take months or even years to show you results.
Right SEO specialists can propose you this website strategy in conjunction with other marketing strategies (such as pay-per-click advertising, social media marketing, and email marketing) to create a well-rounded marketing plan.
2. They will optimize your website metadata, OG data, images, and tags
SEO specialists optimize your website’s metadata (the information that appears in search results) to make sure it is as relevant and useful as possible. One is to make sure that all of the website’s OG data is correctly formatted. OG stands for Open Graph, and it is a metadata protocol that needs to follow a specific format (ex: og:title, og:image, og:url).
Search Engine Journal shares some of the lesser known optimization techniques:
- Selecting the right file format: PNGs are often preferred for screenshots, while JPEGs may be better for photos.
- Adding appropriate ALT tags: Alt tags help search engines understand the subject matter of an image.
- Customizing image file names: This can help improve the chances of an image appearing in search results.
- Adding images to sitemaps: This can help improve the chances of search engines crawling and indexing images.
- Adding structured data: This can help improve the chances of an image appearing in search results as a rich result.
3. They will help you reach a high PageSpeed score.
If metadata is about the appearance, PageSpeed is all about loading time.
SEO specialists help you reach a fast loading speed by optimizing your website’s design, code, and content. In addition, implementing AMP can further decrease your page-load time, making your website more user-friendly and likely to rank higher in search engine results pages.
To optimize your website for high Pagespeed score, SEO specialists will typically:
- Optimize images – Images can be optimized by reducing their file size, using the correct file format (e.g. JPEG for photos and PNG for graphics) and using proper alt text.
- Use caching – Caching can help to reduce the number of HTTP requests
4. They will optimize your website for ADA compliance.
The ADA (The Americans with Disabilities Act) was passed in 1990, and since then, compliance has become increasingly important for you.
In recent years, their focus has shifted to making sure that websites are accessible to people with disabilities.
By making sure your websites are accessible and usable for everyone, you can improve user experience, satisfaction, and loyalty. Additionally, there are legal implications to inaccessible websites in most cases.
SEO specialists can help optimize your website for ADA compliance by ensuring that your website meets the WCAG 2.0 guidelines. This includes providing text alternatives for any non-text content, facilitating conversions into alternate formats, and ensuring that your website is accessible for people who use assistive technologies, as well as people with temporary impairments.
5. They will help you create content from a customer perspective.
Content that is customer-centric is always going to be more successful than content that is not.
The best way to create content from a customer perspective is to first understand your target audience and what type of content they are looking for.
Once you have a clear understanding of your target audience, you can start creating content that appeals to them and that is helpful and informative. Remember to always promote and market your content so that it gets seen by the people who matter most to your business.
But it is hard to be objective when you spend 24/7 on your own business.
SEO specialists can help you create content from a customer perspective in a few ways:
- By performing keyword research to identify the language your customers are using to search for your products or services.
- By aligning your content with the buyer journey to ensure you are providing the right information to customers at the right time.
- By making your content visual and shareable, which will make it more engaging and likely to be seen by potential customers.
- By monitoring your content performance and using insights to improve your content strategy over time.
- By helping you create an editorial calendar that will help you produce the most effective content for your customers.
6. They will focus on high-value terms that will bring you more leads.
High value terms are terms that are associated with high conversion rates or high purchase values. In other words, they are the keywords that will bring you the most customers or sales.
Every business wants to rank for high value terms because they know it will lead to more business. However, not all SEOs deliver on their promise.
To focus on high-value terms, SEO specialists will do keyword research to identify which terms are most valuable to their clients. They will then create content that is optimized for those terms, and promote that content through various means, such as link building and social media.
7. They will do A/B testing to help improve your website conversions.
A/B testing is a method of comparing two versions of a web page to see which one performs better in terms of conversion rate. The “A” version is the control and the “B” version is the variation.
A/B testing is important because it allows you to make data-driven decisions on what works and what doesn’t work on your website. By constantly A/B testing, you can improve your website’s conversion rate and hence, its ROI.
What is Client Side tool and how it can help you?
- Client-side A/B testing tools are tools that run on the client-side, or the user’s browser, rather than on the server-side. These tools are typically used to test small changes to web pages, such as changing the color of a button.
- Client-side A/B testing tools can impact Core Web Vitals, which are a set of metrics that measure the quality of a user’s experience on a website. The most important of these metrics is Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS), which measures how often elements on a page move around during the page-loading process.
- Client-side A/B testing tools can cause CLS to increase because they delay the loading of certain elements on a page until after the page has started loading. This can cause content to shift around on the page, resulting in a poorer user experience.
8. They will build legitimate backlinks to your website.
Backlinks, also known as “inbound links” or “incoming links”, are important for SEO because they tell search engines that other websites trust your website.
It’s important to note that not all backlinks are created equal. The more backlinks you have from high-quality websites, the higher your website is likely to rank on SERPs. Buying links are big nono.
SEO specialists build links in a variety of ways, but the most common and effective method is through content marketing. By creating high quality content that is interesting and useful, other websites will be more likely to link to it. This can be done through blog posts, infographics, videos, or even just well-written articles.
The best way to ensure that your content is successful is to promote it through social media and email marketing. By getting more eyes on your content, you increase the chances that someone will find it useful and link to it.
Another common method is through guest blogging. This is where you write a blog post for another website in your industry in exchange for a link back to your own website. This is a great way to get exposure to a new audience and build relationships with other website owners.
Finally, many SEO agencies also offer press release services. This involves writing and distributing press releases to online news outlets. This can be a great way to get exposure for your website and build links from high quality websites.
9. They will keep up with the latest SEO trends and changes.
SEO is constantly changing and evolving, which makes it one of the most challenging aspects of digital marketing. However, it is also one of the most important, which is why it is essential to stay up-to-date on the latest SEO trends.
Some of the latest SEO trends of 2022 include the rise of voice/video search, the importance of local websites, podcast notes, and the need for high-quality content.
The key for SEO specialists is to always be prepared for change and be willing to adapt their strategies as new trends emerge.
One of the ways they stay up-to-date with the latest SEO trends is to follow industry news sources and blogs. Additionally, attending SEO conferences and webinars can also be a great way to stay abreast of the latest changes in the SEO world.
10. You will see a ROI from hiring an SEO specialist.
SEO ROI is important because it allows you to see how much profit your business is generating from your SEO campaigns.
SEO ROI is the return on investment that is earned as a result of optimisations made to a website with the intention of earning higher rankings in search engine results pages (SERPs). A Higher SERPs ranking means higher your profit.
By understanding the ROI of SEO, you can track the progress of their SEO campaigns and determine whether or not they are achieving their desired results.
The key to calculating SEO ROI is to figure out your business’s revenue model and especially how SEO activities—organic search traffic, traffic from content marketing, traffic from inbound links, etc. — will contribute to revenue after you’ve carefully considered your customer’s lifetime value (CLV), says Mike Khorev an SEO expert.
His basic formula is simple:
SEO ROI = (Revenue generated from SEO – Cost of SEO) / Cost of SEO
Once you’ve figured out SEO’s contribution to revenue, then calculating ROI for SEO is simply about dividing the profit generated from SEO activities by the total costs invested on SEO.
Properly understanding the potential ROI for your SEO campaign can help you in making an informed decision on how much you should spend on SEO initiatives.
Are SEO Specialists worth it?
Every business owner knows that online visibility is essential for attracting new customers.
But what’s the best way to achieve this? While you could try to do it yourself, the reality is that SEO is a complex and time-consuming process. That’s why hiring an SEO specialist is often the best solution. In this blog post, we’ve listed 10 good reasons to hire an SEO specialist.
By the end, you’ll see why investing in professional help is often the smartest move you can make for your business.